Wednesday, February 10, 2016

(Healthy) Sugar cookie dough

I love cookie dough. It probably should have killed me years ago in college when the cookies never quite got baked. But here I am, still loving cookie dough from afar. Until now.

 

I came across a recipe for raw sugar cookie dough and on the heels of my discovery and sucessful execution of black bean brownies. I thought "I can make that with beans!" Because that is a normal reaction.

But I did it. And it is yum. And egg free, sucrose free, low starch, protien packed, high fiber, and could easily be gluten free, dairy free too and vegan too. (The only reason the batch was not gf was because I ran out of coconut flour.) I know what you are thinking...but I swear-IT IS YUM.

 

(Healthy) Sugar Cookie Dough

1 can white beans with brine

1/4 c softened butter (or coconut oil)

1/3 c dextrose

1/3 c fructose (sub 2/3 c white sugar if sucrose is ok at your house)

1/2 c coconut flour

1/3 c flour (or 1/2c coconut flour)

1 t vanilla extract

1/8t almond extract

 

Put the beans and butter in the food processor and process until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients until dough forms. Put dough in the fridge to chill. Form balls and roll in dextrose or fructose (food coloring optional).

 

Try to share it with the kids.

Happy Valentines Day!

-Jen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment