I take the lid and cut of the lip on just one side, effectively keeping it a circle with one flat edge. This stubby little piece of plastic works hard in my kitchen. Now I know there are lots of kitchen couture pieces that could probably replace it. And I also know that couture is only used in reference to clothing...but is there a word for custom made, expensive, beautiful, kitchen equipment? (Viking perhaps?)
Here is a short list of the ways I use my drawer full of modified yogurt lids.
- Scooping ingredients off a cutting board.
- Transferring leftovers into mason jars.
- Placing pancake batter on the griddle.
- Using in any situation that you'd use a spatula, but you have much more control because there is no long handle.
- Gently scraping pieces of food off of my cast iron cookware.
- Gathering beads / pasta / glitter dropped on the floor by a careless 4 year old!