Friday, March 29, 2013

Chant with us


Welcome to Friday!
Sometimes I think my four year old son is a Bodhisattva, back to teach the rest of us how to reach enlightenment. He says things like:
"When I wish upon this star, it is really an angel, and sometimes I like to hear my own dreams because I can fly like an angel even though I don't have wings..."
He likes to meditate. (But, only if he can do it curled up under a blanket on the couch with his eyes closed.)
He loses himself in yoga and Pilates. (Mostly because he likes to look at people from between his legs and roll around like a ball.)

And today I am being treated to an invigorating chant. Let me bring you into my morning.

Center yourself.


Breath in….


Visualize a peaceful place...

Then yell as loud as you can, I mean "chant", for 17 minutes straight:

VOLCANO BONES!
VOLCANO BONES!
VOLCANO BONES!
VOLCANO BONES!
VOLCANO BONES!
VOLCANO BONES!
I have no idea. I don't even ask anymore.
-Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment