Monday, November 25, 2013

Quick Fix: Super Easy Slate Trivet

Want to make a super easy, super quick rustic trivet? Are you Craft-Impaired? Can you apply a sticker? Well then. grab a slate roof shingle, some felt furniture pads and follow me!
Peel the sticky back off the furniture pads. Stick to the 'back' side of the slate. Turn over. DONE!
These could totally be gift worthy with a little bit of stenciling, but I love the rustic everyday look just the way they are. Plus, you can line them up down the center of your table for big meals, like I dunno, Thanksgiving!

These were so easy, when I saw 12 terra cotta tiles at the reuse store I snagged them to make some more for my friend's craft fair booth. (She asked me to come up with some inexpensive impulse buys.) The were perfect for stenciling. I used pearlescent acrylic in white and pale green/gold. They are great as large coasters or as trivets. (Ohh...shiny!)


So of course, I jujjed up the slate ones a bit too...


-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment