Monday, May 20, 2013

Yeti Support Group

When I came down stairs Saturday morning with my hair down The Personal Assistant said "No Mommy! Brush your hair! Put your hair up! Go be right back!" And backed up to hide behind the Hubster. Apparently he does not like my hair down. Not. One. Bit.

This has been going on since he accidentally saw this commercial while watching March Madness with the Hubster. Don't click on that link with children in the room. It will not end well. Stupid Wheat Thins. Stupid Yeti. Do you have any idea how much trouble you are causing me? And the worst part is the ad wasn't even for something good like regular Wheat Thins. No. It was for "Spicy Buffalo" Wheat Thins which just sounds really gross. And not at all like something a yeti would be interested in.

Sunday morning I went into The Personal Assistant's room to get him because he was fussing. He saw me and stopped. I asked him if he would like to come out of the crib. He said "NO!" and threw himself down, out of reach. He pointed to the door then told me to "Go brusha your hair. Go take a shower." I explained to him that this is just what I look like in the morning and if he wanted his diaper changed he would have to deal with it. He said no. So I left the room.

Not even a minute later we hear "Daddy, you wanna snuggle? Daddy? Daddy, you wanna change my diaper?"

Hubster gets up and heads directly to the bathroom for about ten minutes while my Assistant stood in his crib talking about how awesome Daddy is and how Yeti Mommy is.

"You wanna share the imagination book with Daddy? Mommy go take a shower?"

Yup. I can see it now.

"Hi, my name is Jen, and my son thinks I am a yeti."

"Hi Jen."

At least I'll be in good company. And I probably won't have to change a diaper. And there will be fresh coffee and donuts. And quiet adult conversation.

Shoot. Maybe I am a yeti! Where's the closest meeting?

Jen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment